Wednesday, March 23, 2011

lent

I've never observed lent before, and I am not entirely sure why I chose to this year,
but I have given up carbonation.



That means no


for 2 whole months!!!

The first couple of days were the hardest...I was tired and my head hurt...and I had the soda fountain at work taunting me every time I filled a customers drink...but I'm over it. almost.

{We probably shouldn't talk about the dream I had last night about root beer}

I never thought that I was addicted to soft drinks, but maybe I was, just a little.

Are you "addicted" to anything?

Have you tried to give it up before?

How'd that work out for you?

Two weeks down and Only 33 days to go!

2 comments:

  1. Food.

    Yes.

    It lasted about 24 hours, my body decided it wasn't going to work without food.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm proud of you! I love carbonation, but am not addicted at this point in my life. I have plenty of other vices to fill my time. I should probably stop cracking my knuckles, but I'm afraid my fingers might fall off. It's either give up that or chocolate... or Abba. All things I love against my will. Hmm... we'll see if I have as much willpower as you to give one of these up!

    ReplyDelete