My 30th birthday is quickly approaching. (Eeek!)
When I moved up to Heber almost 2 years ago I made a list of things I wanted to accomplish by the time I exited my 20s.
Here's the list:
2. See the Northern Lights
3. Learn to SCUBA dive
4. Hike to the top of Timpanogos
5. Hike to the top of Mount Olympus
6. Run a half marathon
7. Complete a triathlon (sprint!)
8. Go on a vacation...just my mom and me.
9. Do a pull-up. Just 1.
10. Go sky-diving
11. Fit into a size 8
12. See a Broadway show
13. Finally get my AS degree
15. Get good enough at fly fishing that I can go by myself
16. Lope through the poles
17. Run on a horse around the whole race track
19. Backpack into Havasu Falls
21. Learn to play Rachmaninoff's Prelude in c# minor
Hmmm...4 out of 21 isn't that bad, right? *blush*
I must say though, I was able to accomplish the very most important thing on this list.
I think instead of dwelling on the 26 things I haven't done yet, I would like to think of 30 things I have done.
1. I graduated from High School
2. I managed a restaurant
3. I worked in Ireland
4. I married my soul mate
5. I've owned a house
6. I own a grand piano
7. I learned to ride a horse
8. I've been to California at least 9 times
9. I've been to 2 BCS bowl games
10. I've been to the French Quarter
11. I've been to Washington DC
12. I sang the National Anthem at our horse shows 3 years in a row
13. I am a member of Bells on Temple Square
14. I have been in the MoTab Christmas concert 3 times
15. I've been on TV (Music and the Spoken Word)
16. I've hiked to the top of Grandeur Peak
17. I've completed all of the music courses necessary for and AS in music
18. I left the city I grew up in to move to Heber
19. I taught myself how to play the flute
20. I've recorded music in a recording studio
21. I hiked to Desolation Lake from Millcreek Canyon (11 miles RT)
22. I've been to Hawaii
23. I was in Slcc's Chamber Choir
24. I was in the Salt City Jazz Choir
25. I've run 4 (I think) 5ks
26. I've run 3 10ks
27. I've been to the top of Angel's Landing 3 times
28. I've hiked Hole in the Rock 2 times
29. I've had the same best friend for 25 years
30. I had the cutest, sweetest, most beautiful baby girl on the planet!
I've accomplished so much in this little life of mine. That other list can be my new bucket list. I'm sure I will keep adding to it!
Thank you to all of my family and friends who have helped give me the best 30 years ever.
Here's to 30 more!